North Andover, MA – January 29, 2007 L-com Connectivity Products today announced the release of several high-level updates to their popular web site: www.L-com.com. The web site features engineering drawings, CAD models, tips, tutorials, whitepapers, and L-com's full line of cable assemblies, connectors, adapters, and other connectivity products.
Among the updated features are several enhancements to the shopping cart. The new streamlined shopping process will enable customers to more easily add items to their carts and continue shopping. The cart will also display with items when customers hover over the "Your Cart" icon with their cursors. This way, customers can quickly view their cart contents without having to go to a new page.
· When a user adds an item to their shopping cart from the product family or item page, they will longer be automatically navigated to the shopping cart (so they can continue shopping). "This item has been added to your cart" will be displayed and highlighted to give the user feedback that the item was added to their cart.
· When a web visitor moves their mouse over the cart icon in the top horizontal menu, the contents of their shopping cart will be displayed in a pop-up window. The item #, quantity and price of each item will be displayed along with the subtotal and links to the cart detail and checkout pages.
L-com's web site has been in operation since March of 1996. Over the years, it has enjoyed great success, rising to become one of the most popular connectivity product sites. Going beyond merely selling products, L-com's site offers to educate and inform users through product tutorials, whitepapers, educational newsletters, tips, and diagrams. In addition, L-com offers free CAD model downloads of most of their products, along with free engineering drawings and high-resolution images.
For more information please contact:
Internet Marketing Strategist
978-682-6936 x169, dfallon@L-com.com
About L-com Connectivity Products
L-com designs and manufactures copper and fiber cable assemblies, interconnection adaptors, connectors and cable test equipment. In addition to a vast inventory of standard products, L-com has extensive custom product design and manufacturing capabilities that include:
· Assembled and Injection Molded Data Cables
· Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies and Adaptors
· Modular and Telco Assemblies
· Low Loss Video and Monitor Cables
· Unique Bulkhead Connectors
· Machined or Cast Coaxial Connectors and Adaptors
· Sheet Metal Fabrication of Rack Panels and Enclosures
· Special Bulk Cable Formulations (Low Smoke Zero Halogen, Ultra-Flexible, etc.)
· Military and Special Packaging, Kitting, Custom Labeling and Bar-coding
L-com also distributes selected products to complement its manufactured goods including: Ethernet hubs and switches, routers, media converters, protocol converters, KVM switches, video distribution amplifiers/switches and network test equipment. The company provides simple, one-stop shopping for its customers. For more information, please visit www.L-com.com.